Camino del Norte Day 24: Avilés to Soto de Luiña
This was a long day, and we need to fill in some gaps.
If memory serves, this was the day that our guidebooks, GooGal, and the wayfinding points were all a little off in the last five-eight kilometers, and we were basically grumpy for that last part.
- Albergue in a bit of a run down old building that felt like a former hospital
- Other travelers that challenged our whole ‘avoid all humans’ mentality
- A particular young traveler who was unbelievably clean for having come from San Sebastian, and who was eager to find out how much my pack weighed, since hers was only 9 kilos. Just a little obnoxious. (Oh, and she had a pair of cotton pinstripe pajama bottoms in that bag of hers. Ok, catty comments over.)
- Great manager of the albergue who called us all together to describe tomorrow’s hike, and the arrows to the beach, which he’d painted himself!
- Not so great restaurant across the street who had no vegetables on the menu and didn’t love Peregrinos
- Bedbugs. Or mosquitos. Probably mosquitos. Itchy either way! Ugh.